Tuesday, August 02, 2005

My Favorite Bio Question:

If an albino woman is married to a man with normal coloring and they have an albino child, what was the genotype of the man?

c) male

I mean, seriously. I almost started giggling right in the middle of the test. But then I thought the professor probably wouldn't appreciate me laughing at his test.

I was fascinated to learn the other day (while assidously playing with the calculator at work) that if you add (0)123456789 and 9876543210 you get 9999999999. My sense of symmetry is very pleased by that.

"Only a very few people were harmed in the making of this movie, and only one of them was unable to recover."

I am currently involved in pondering the deep questions of life, such as: is it tomaetoe or tomahtoe? And why do they taste so crapping good?

I get this perverse kind of joy in using microsoft word's search feature. Click on Clippy, and Clippy says: "Type your search question." I type in whatever I'm thinking about at the moment - food usually - and he flips around, pretends to search earnestly, and says, "I don't know what you mean. Please rephrase your question." I refine my search from "food" to "sandwiches," or "radish sandwiches," or even "strawberries." He says again, "I don't know what you mean. Please rephrase your question." No comprehension registers on his face. (Well, given the fact that he doesn't have a face and wasn't programmed to show comprehension) You're right you moron! You have no idea about food! Mwahahaha!

Ahem.

Mom and I went to Huntsville today. I got fabric for pillows (gorgeous) and exactly the right bedspread to go with it (also gorgeous, and much harder to track down). We also got a refrigerator for the dorm room.

Today is one of those smile uncrontrollably days.

Tomorrow? Who knows what tomorrow will be. I'm not sure I want it to come.

9 comments:

Andrew said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrew said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrew said...

OK... third times the charm.

About Clippy

brenderlin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
brenderlin said...

Clippy 1.0

brenderlin said...

Ha! It only took ME two posts!

brenderlin said...

Oh, and Andrew....don't click on that link...

Andrew said...

Why shouldn't I click on it? I already did, and I thought it was funny. And I hate Clippy. I hate him soooo much.

Captain Shar said...

On Windows 95 systems, its name is Clippit. I know this because my Windows 95 at work was recently reconfigured (while I was on vacation), and he popped up the first time I tried to open Excel and the first time I tried to open Word. And, I wanted to see what other kinds of ones you could pick from. Apparently Windows 95 has a claymation-looking Albert Einstein and a painted-looking William Shakespeare to choose from as well...except that the company didn't actually load those options onto the computer. Oh, well.