Tuesday, August 16, 2005

So apparently....

Blogger has gotten as tired of my whining as everyone else. It refuses to let me on through my own computer, and I've done everything they told me to do on the help page, and it's still not working. Thank goodness for other computers in the household.

That blessed state of numbness has descended, which heralds the end of all panicking and the beginning of large transitions. I still haven't started packing, but whatever. No doubt next week I'll be totally panicking, stuffing stuff in boxes and wildly matting, but until then.... no worries. I'll do a little of whatever I feel like towards the goal of going to college, and worry when it's time to worry. Or possibly a bit later.

I'm at the Dupper household nanny-ing right now, although I'm also flipping back and forth to the office a couple times. It is, to sum it up, exhausting. I mean, where the crap do little kids get all that energy? I swear, it's insane. And their appetites! I'm fixing a snack for one or other of the little ones about every two hours. It's craziness. It's also mostly enjoyable though. I like to read to Trentin, and I like Paxtin a lot if he's had a nap. Today he absolutely refused to nap, but absolutely insisted on climbing on top of every single table, chair, and couch, and begging for every kind of food everyone else had - even if it's something he'd have choked on and died.

I remembered, today, that Pax means peace, and I thought it was totally ironic to name a little kid Pax.... 'Cause seriously, little kids are not peaceful.

Ah.... the sound of blessed silence. Well, except for the computer keys, which are inexplicably louder than my laptop's keys. But, once again, whatever.

On to Pride and Prejudice! (or The Importance of Being Earnest?)

No comments: