Friday, August 05, 2005

[said in a very tiny voice]

Hi guys.

I'm still alive, I guess. The reason I haven't called anyone or e-mailed anyone is quite simply this: Summer is ending. I'm going to see you all in three weeks anyway. So.... Even though I feel like I should call, I also feel like, who cares? It's only three weeks. What's three weeks compared to three months? Just a couple more weeks....

Which is the reason I feel like I'm sprinting towards the end of the summer. I need to work a lot, to earn the money to buy my books and the first couple tanks of gas for the car. I need to pack all my crap, because I'm working up until the day before we leave. I'm suddenly sprinting with all my projects - I only have a very very short amount of time to do everything I should've done at the beginning of the summer. Namely a) finish the stories I intended to finish b) finish attempting to try to polish the poems I've written this summer(which is distressingly few) c) mat all the pictures of mine I want to mat before I head to college and don't have access to a matcutter d) mat all the pictures Grandpa wants me to mat (17) before I leave. Oh. And I should probably get in touch with my future roommate, Meredith, to organize whatever it is that we still have to organize.... Which really isn't much. We already agreed I'd get the fridge and she'd get .. er... the microwave or the tv. I forget which. Anyway. I have the fridge. It's the most gorgeous little fridge you've ever seen.... well, not really, but the pleasure of possession makes it seem so.

Today Aaron and I went to the coffeehouse.... that was fun. and Wynn-Dixie, which was hilarious.

And now I have mysteriously run out of words to say.

So... I'm stopping now.

2 comments:

Liz said...

a mat(t)cutter...lol. actually, for a second there i thought you were talking about that mat. i was confused. but it went away fast.

and yeah...i have to reply to an e-mail about room set-up that sharon sent like a month ago...

and i haven't written like at all since i got jobs. sigh.

Captain Shar said...

My goal at the beginning of the summer: finish my book.

My goal in the middle of the summer: finish two chapters.

My goal now: finish my movie, and whatever writing I get done is icing on the cake.

Oh, well.