Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Perfection Is Not As Good As Grace

Something to keep in mind, I guess, as a whole new year of school starts.

Weaving today, and Philosophy and Theology. Weaving I think will be hard. It is yet to be seen if it will also be enjoyable. Only about half the people in it are art majors, which is going to make things very interesting. It will be, without a doubt, time consuming.

Theology will also be difficult I think, in that it will require a lot of prep work for every class period. But I think I like the prof, so that's good. Not someone I would connect with as an individual, but definitely someone I think I can look up to as a professor.

Philosophy.... is philosophy. He's done a good job so far breaking down the intro to philosophy to our level. Philosophy is one of those classes, though, that either brings out the idiocy in people or their innate intelligence. And mostly it's idiocy. There's one girl in my class who's already irritating - used to getting her way and being coddled, I would say. She "answered" a whole bunch of questions with a bunch of vocabulary that she obviously had no idea how to properly apply or understand. Then she tried to wiggle out of his follow-up questions by saying, "I'm not good at expounding." I mean, sheesh. In good news, though, there's obviously at least a handful of people who've given a lot of thought to philosophical questions already, or at least can speak articulately and think on their feet.

The internet in my room is still broken. So, if you send me e-mail, I'll try to reply promptly, but I won't promise anything.

I'm trying not to sign up for anything else until I see how the first week of classes goes. I did sign up for layout on the newspaper, and to write for the magazine section of it. That, plus bible study, literary group, honors congress, and work may be all I can handle. I also really want to work on the layout for the yearbook this year too though. And I know the layout editor - so I bet I could get on the staff. Eh, we'll see. Eighteen credits may keep my hands full. = D

On to dinner, homework, then hopefully a little relaxing time before actual work.
Mackenzie

No comments: