Sunday, July 10, 2005

Please excuse Jimmy for being. It was his father's fault.

Here's some irony for you:

Police in Radnor, Pennsylvania, interrogated a suspect by placing a metal colander on his head and connecting it with wires to a photocopy machine. The message "He's lying" was placed in the copier, and police pressed the copy button each time they thought the suspect wasn't telling the truth. Believing the "lie detector" was working, the suspect confessed.

It gives me the almost, but not quite, complete opposite of hope for humanity.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, today the axe fell on my book order. Which means that I got the bill.

Which was also the only thing approaching any sort of productivity that happened today.

Sad, is it not? But I'm no longer feeling any sort of guilt about doing nothing. I refuse. My guilt glands have suddenly and apparently permanently atrophied.

And, as a result of my wonderfully adult-ish and achieving day, I have absolutely nothing to write about.

I know, it never bothered me before. But I simply cannot seem to come up with a few hundred words to say about rain and nothingness. I only got this many, and I'm rapidly approaching the end of them.

I close with a Get Fuzzy quote: "What the... Sweet Beagle Biscuit! Can it be?!"

4 comments:

Andrew said...

As much as I hate "the man" (in this case, the police), I've got to give them credit for that lie-detector thing. That's hilarious.

Andrew said...

Oh, and I just noticed that you changed your title. "It doesn't rhyme." That's funny. Good work. :)

Mackenzie said...

Why thank you. I like it myself. = )

Andrew said...

And while we're on the subject--

"I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head!"