Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Iiiiiii changed a diiiiiiipeeeee......

OK. So I tried to put the diaper on backwards the first time, but in the end, I changed that poopy diaper like... a complete amateur. It did, however, get changed, which was the important thing.

Today wasn't quite the madhouse I thought it would be. It was crazy, yes, and I didn't get all my work done, and Paxton didn't sleep and was hungry and fussy and pooped a lot, but I got home at 7 and got a lunch break, so it was all good.

I think, though, that I'm a closet tea addict. Or not so closet. I've actually started taking tea bags to work with me, for about 2:30 when I'm stressed beyond belief and need just something. Let me tell you, at about 2:30 (eight and a half hours after I begin my day) with a typically fussy baby on hand, people from all sides making demands and yelling instructions at you, and the knowledge that you'll be at work for at least another four hours, tea seems like a godsend. It's a little bit of sanity, a little something warm to hold onto when life is completely spinning out of control.

Ooh. Now I need more tea.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

You like tea?

Oh, well... I guess I shouldn't tell you this, but...

The king? Yeah, he's putting a tax on tea. Yeah. It's pretty bad. A bunch of us are gonna, ya know, go and protest by dumping some tea... or something.

Yeah.

Just thought I'd give ya a heads up on that one.