Sunday, October 29, 2006

"the intertexuality of our interactions and our situatedness posits the rise of postmodernism"

Hi loves. It's been a while. By which I mean a couple days. I dressed up as Crystal Downing today for the art league halloween party. Would have been funnier if anyone knew who she was, or knew what intertexutality, situatedness, or postmodernism were. Dr. Downing is such a celebraty within the English department; I didn't realize the extent of the art major ignorance about her. Except apparently a freshman had gone to convocation and recognized her.

It was eerie, how like Daniel Finch Rueben looked. Even to the bald spot and diet pepsi, and he pointed with his pinkie while he held the diet pepsi, and hit peoples' arms and said "hey. What's goin' on?" in the Daniel Finch Voice. (And when Daniel Finch realized all of this... oh gosh, it was amazing and fantastic) And Brian looked so much like Brent Goode; we all thought Brenton had actually come to the party when Brian walked in the door. Pretty much the faculty imitations were all amazing. AAAAMMMAAAZZZZINNNG! Lenora dressed up as Andy Bale, too, and looked eerily like him (Emily Heidel dressed up as his dog, Kertesz). They're all my heroes now. And Christine dressed up as Hettinga, and carried around a dead bird, and kept asking people to put it in the freezer for her... and Hettinga really does collect dead birds and animals and scans them in for her books! I have never been prouder to be an art major. Other people dressed up as Frida Kahlo, "Woman 1" by de Kooning, Marilyn Monroe from Andy Warhol's screen prints, Teagen dressed up as Art Deco.... Yeah, it was amazing. I can't really say anything else. Except amazing about a hundred more times.

Except that I have to turn in a really crappy project tomorrow... I just don't know how to fix it. And I haven't even started writing the short paper due Tuesday, or worked on my Digital Studio book which is due on Thursday. Not to mention missing work time to go on a field trip, and my annotated bibliography is due on Friday, and work, and all of those related things.... I'm a little stressed, I'll confess. I should have done so much more work over the weekend.

I am feeling more rested and sane, though, so I'll try not to grudge the time as wasted. Sound good? OK. I agree.

Good night loves,
Teh Kenzie

1 comment:

Captain Shar said...

What did you wear? Did you dye your hair blonde?