Wednesday, October 11, 2006

dragons, are your teeth falling out during battle? get poligrip denture adhesive!

Fall break, fall break, doot-do-doot-do-doot-do. (You can't see me, obviously, but I'm singing a little song and doing the happy dance, which consists of waving my hands in circles and swaying side to side to an imaginary ice-cream truck beat.)

If you laugh during research when you read: "Petrarchan poetry tends to loop back onto the reflexive theme of Petrarchan poetry," then you're either an English major who studied under Crystal Downing, or you're seriously sleep-deprived. I think it might be both....

Mmm, so, life is going pretty good right now. I'm not getting enough sleep, but maybe I'm used to that. I have a boatload of work to do over break, of course. My abusive boyfriend (read: art major) is treating me pretty well right now, actually. We'll see how it goes as I start working on the next project. The Minnemingo deadline is today, and I'm still not sure whether I really want to submit anything, and if so, what I would submit....

Meh. It will work out.

Did you notice? I used ellipses today. Hmmm.

3 comments:

Captain Shar said...

Proud owner of said dragon. Heehee.

I'm so glad you're coming up this weekend! Do you need a parking pass? If so I need all your car info.

Anonymous said...

Your title is quite inspiring: my roommate and I spent at least half an hour debating the implications for the said dragon. In summary:

1. Dragons live to be very old.
2. Dragons are prone to unhealthy dental habits, such as eating knights in full armor.
3. Therefore, a good adhesive would be critical to the wellbeing of dragonkind.

However, as little is known about dragon anatomy, there at least two other options left unexplored:

1. Dragons have similar teeth to sharks, and when one tooth is lost, another can simply take its place.

2. Dragons are, in fact, a species of large rodent (See also, ROUS) and therefore have teeth that constantly grow as worn away. However, this would also mean that dragons are prone to gnawing; the most likely place to gnaw would seem to be the walls of their lairs. Interestingly, this could explain why dragons tend to be so sparse in these latter days; as years of gnawing stone amounted, the caves in which the dragons abided could no longer support the weight of the mountain above, dooming the poor dragons to an untimely death.

See? Physics induced over-analysis is not all bad!

Liz said...

Kenzie,
I wish that you were coming here now. But I accept that you're not, and I hope your fall break is off to a killer start, and I'm so excited that you're coming again.
The End.