Tuesday, October 03, 2006

i woke up from a dream about an empty funeral

but it was better than the party full of people i don't really know....

I probably start too many posts with the word "blarg." But can I give an emphatic blarg here? (haha... blarg on the blog, get it? I know. Terrible pun. Anyway.) Research makes me want to stab my eyes out. Primary problem: I am unable to come up with a unique reading of anything. Or else I get really interested in a part of the text that no one has done anything on before. Which would be fine if I was merely writing an interpretive paper, but when you're writing a research paper, you've got to be able to incorporate research into it (how's that for absurd?).

Other than research, my life is peachy. I found out that the English honors society is called Sigma Tau Delta, so their acronym is STD. Talk about unfortunate. Probably they refer to it as the chapter name, Sigma Upsilon. Then they could abbreviate it SUp. And be all... hip, you know.

2 comments:

ReformationGirl said...

haha! That post made me laugh. You go girl :)

jemmo said...

I dunno... that would make for cool advertising. "Do you have an STD? You should! Our very own chapter of..." you get the idea. =)