Wednesday, October 25, 2006

5,700 twinkies, or 3/4 of a tonsillectomy

So. Apparently Danielle is also writing a young adult fantasty novel! We had a great mini-conversation about it before Med. Ren. Lit. started this morning (she'd been talking to Professor Perrin, whom I'd told about my book, and so she found out about my book, and all was funness). She's thinking about spurring on its progress by doing the novel in november thing, which means 1600 words a day. She said she knew someone who did it once... "he started twitching and hunching over." I think she's nuts, but in a completely fabulous way. And Devin Thomas? Gets up two hours earlier than required every day to spend time writing for himself. I feel like both of them would be really great writing group members (Devin is part of my advanced writing group, but it's not quite the same thing). Anyway, so I'm not the only one! Woot!

Did you know? Indiana Jones is Denied Tenure. You should check out this peerless publication.

Bill Jay:
"Swedish researchers have concluded that exposure to art can ease constipation. Their test subjects met every week for four months to view and discuss visual art. At the end of the course they showed a wide range of physical benefits including more regular bowel movements. [...] the researcher of the art group recorded more 'positive attitudes,' lower blood pressure and its members used fewer laxatives."

"of course in my execrable French I had probably asked him if he would please flog me with a corpse."

"artists seem to know no limits to their verbal inanities. When asked about her artistic ambitions, Vanessa Williams said she wanted to 'paint with all the colors of the wind.' Very poetic, but gibberish all the same. No one has ever asked me about my artistic ambitions, but now I'm ready, just in case. I want to photograph with all the tastes of sunshine. I want to record all the sounds of fog. I want to feel all the smells of whistling." (One wonders whether he's ever seen Pocahontas... I would be interested to know whether his response would be the same if he knew the source of the remark was not Vanessa Williams' own brain.)

And finally, Able and Baker made me laugh out loud in the middle of the library again....

Also, can't forget this, Dad's birthday was on Monday! Wooh! Party! = D

Alright loves. Remind me to tell you the rest of today's funny quote harvest. Sometime. When research for all of my classes is not eating my brains (I have the Donne research paper, research for my Photo II final project, and two Composition Theory and Pedagogy projects to research, one due in two weeks, one for the end of the semester. Did I mention that research makes me want to stab my eyes out?).

1 comment:

jemmo said...

Sometimes research makes me want to stab my prof's eyes out... sometimes it makes me want to stab out the eyes of whoever writes all these damn (you can edit that) articles. Who are these people, anyway? and do they really not have anything better to do with their time?

Also, that website is addicting. Severely addicting.
Seriously.
It's like the theatre; you start and you just can't stop.

... you should post a warning or something.

Loves!

PS. I writed the heck out of my paper.