Thursday, September 28, 2006

nuttier than a pecan pistachio peanut butter sandwich

Apparently, on second thought, the survey decided I was a d100. And, hence, a "hyperactive, manic loon." Or maybe I just find them funny.

Bill Jay, quoting some other dude: "There is something bloody fishy about existence."

Also Bill Jay:

"I have been undergoing psychological analysis for the past year in order to discover who I am.
"It worked.
"I am now able to reveal for the first time in public that, in actuality, I am Madonna.
"And that's not all. I have discovered that I am also Napoleon, and Elvis."

And my favorite advice from Bill Jay (part of an essay on how artists ought to talk about their work), is as follows:

"Now the beauty of these incomprehensible chunks of verbal offal is that they are useful in any circumstances, not only to describe your own image as it is being scrutinized, upside down, by a baffled gallery director, but also for impressing dates. What you do is this: meander around an art gallery and come to a jarring halt (enough to startle your date and capture his or her attention), squint at a particularly hideous piece, scratch your chin thoughtfully, bend at the waist and, without taking your eyes from a blob in the lower left corner, move crab-like to within a few inches, then slowly back up and mutter (loud enough to be heard by all - but as if musing to self. This takes practice.): "An interesting semiotic subversion of multicultural contextualization...."

Yes, he's pretty fabulous. Also, the Liz, I left you a message on your phone, but let me know for sure what's up. And Sharon, a parking pass would be much appreciated. I left you a message on your blog, but I wasn't sure if you meant for fall break or when we all come up for the gaming (when I think Amy is planning to drive). So let me know about that too.

Ethan has kidney stones, so we're not actually presenting tomorrow... our teacher was super nice and let us move it back to Monday. I forgive all and every bit of any disorganization I may have complained about earlier. So thank you, Jean Corey.

3 comments:

Captain Shar said...

I sent an email to all and sundry, and replied on my blog, but just in case:

Please verify accuracy:

Three (3) people are coming up on Oct. 6, 7 and would appreciate a parking pass.

You (1) are coming up on Oct. 20, 21 and would also appreciate a parking pass.

I'll see what I can do, once all is confirmed.

Mackenzie said...

Um... no. Fall break is the 12-15. So I would be coming up either the 13th or 14th and staying until sometime on Sunday the 15th, sort of whatever works best for you guys in terms of work etc.

Captain Shar said...

Got it.