Friday, September 22, 2006

"if the human condition was a hairstyle, it'd be a mullet of malcontent."

Quote brought to you from the wonderful makers of Able and Baker.

Rarr. My major is eating my soul and my workload is eating my soul, and I'm not getting enough sleep, and my coffee tastes like plastic, because I poured it into the bottle while it was still hot.

But maybe life will get better?

I'm really nervous to meet with Prof. Bale today, because I'm turning in images I don't like, and I'm trying to prep myself to be honest about the frustrations of the darkroom (which is hard, because I want him to like me, right? And complaining is not the best way to get someone to like you). And also, I feel like running out of RC paper in the middle of a project is not the circumstance most guaranteed to win your professor's approval.

Also, we turned on the heat for the first time last night. Ordinarily, I would be all for this circumstance. But, you see, we have these really old school radiators, and when the heat is on it sounds like water boiling, and even, at times, like a teakettle whistling shrilly. So I kept waking up in the night, thinking, "Who the heck is making tea?" And apparently when you set an old school radiator at 70 degrees, it doesn't work out quite right. Because it was DEFINITELY too warm at some point last night, and Bethy got up to open the window. Making it really cold in our room this morning around 6.

I know, I know, get over it. Deal with life like a grown-up now that you're twenty. Well, I'm trying. And I think waiting almost a third of the way through the semester before breaking down is pretty respectable. Compared to... the... first week. Or something.

No comments: