Tuesday, June 14, 2005

So today was a good day primarily because of this:

I wrote a poem.

Well, sort of. A rhythmic phrase came into my head, which I roughed out into a poem outline, which I will later write out in full and revise, and maybe then, after a lot of work, I'll have written a poem.

But it's something, something that hasn't happened in what feels like forever.

Today was also a good day because I got to take care of the Dupper boys this afternoon instead of working in the office. Don't get me wrong - I like clinic. It's not bad. It's interesting at the least. But who wouldn't want to take care of three hilarious smart fun kids instead?

The Dupper kids are freaking smart. I tried to play Battleship with Trenton, and didn't realize until about 20 minutes into the game that he didn't even know all his alphabet yet... let alone knowing how to work a grid. But he was smart. He caught on quick. He also beat me at baseball on the gamecube, although that took less work. I suck and can never remember the controls. The older Dupper kids are fun too, although I got to talk less with them because Aaron and Avery were playing with them. The baby, Paxton, is an adorable bubbly baby who talks and sings to himself all the time and actually doesn't cry all that much. He wasn't at our house today - although I'd have loved to have him. I guess she thought three kids under 12 and a baby would be a bit much for me to handle, and maybe it would've. I dunno. Anyway, that was way cool.

And I took my two tests, and while I didn't kick butt or anything, I think they went pretty well. Our professor just enjoyed scaring the crap out of us about them, and they weren't as hard as I'd been expecting. That still leaves him on my list of 'bad professors', but it moves him up a couple of spots. Technically I suppose he's in the gray area between good professors and bad professors, but since most of the time he annoys the crap out of me, he stays on the bad list.

Class today was also nice, in a way, because of the test. I only had to listen to people talk for half an hour, rather than two hours. It was a decidedly nice change.

And the annoying hick lady? Didn't even speak to me. Take that, forces of darkness! Booyah!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Yay for the poem! I'm so happy for you! And the kids sound super cute.

Mackenzie said...

They are definitely super cute. Super Dupper cute.

Haha...

[Their last name is Dupper. It actually does rhyme with super.]