Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Bruce Cockburn

So... I kinda have this song of Bruce Cockburn's really stuck in my head.

We go crying
We come laughing
We'll never understand the times we're passing
Oh, could be the famine
could be the feast
could be the pusher
could be the priest
always ourselves we love the least
that's the burden of the angel-beast....

It seems sort of appropriate. I'm so tired right now I'm not understanding anything. = )

Today was good I guess. Long, again. I can tell I'm going to be incredibly irritated with my biology professor before the class is over and done. Ah well. That dumb annoying hick lady didn't talk above five minutes today, so that was nice. Paxton didn't immediately start bawling when he was left in my care, so that was a huge ego boost. I sometimes think the only reason I'd ever have a kid is so that at least one of the little buggers wouldn't be scared silly at the sight of me.

Mmm.... I got back from work today, and ate and all that good stuff, and when I went to my room to change out of my work clothes, there was this beautiful magnolia flower sitting by my bed. It's those kinds of things that you really miss at college. People don't do random "I love you" things, at least not very often.

'Night all. Happy sleepings, happy wakings. Happy blossoming in the newly summer sun.

Oh unanswerable affliction of the human heart:
how to divide the world into acceptable
and unacceptable loves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come now, must you be so cruel?