Sunday, January 22, 2006

fearful tears are running down

"ToTaLlY LoOkInG 4 A KeWl BF PrEfRaBlY OnE DaT LOoKs LyKe JoHnNy DePp. DaT MaN iS sO hAwTt LOLZZ!!11!"

I read that today on a message board, and I wanted to die. Do these people have any idea how painful it is to read such erratically capitalized messages? I mean, seriously, I'll live without punctuation rather than have people capitalize every other letter. Crap. I swore this would be a post without complaining, and here I start with a huge rant. Erase. Begin again.

Meredith is back! Yay! I had to work on my Mabyn story again today, seeing as it's due in a final polished form on Tuesday, but since there's someone else here with me, I hope I won't be freaked out again. Reading back over it, I'm not surprised that I flipped out. It's a really strong picture.

Also, on the subject of portfolios, I wrote a different sonnet tonight. The other one was crap. This one is slightly better. I need to get a little feedback from someone though (we're supposed to turn in at least one draft with other peoples' comments on it with our final draft), so if anyone wants to volunteer....

Perhaps the hardest part of my portfolio is going to be the self-assessment. With that stuff, the longer I have to prepare it, the better. I have to cobble together journal entries and exercises into some coherent whole, using specific pieces as examples. Yippee.

You know, it strikes me how profoundly boring my posts are. Yes, I'm consistent with posting, unlike most people I know, but it's all kind of self-centered, and most of it people know already from actually talking to me. I'm not sure how to remedy this problem, exit this rut. Anyone have any ridiculously brilliant ideas? Maybe I should tell people who actually talk to me on an everyday basis not to read my blog. That way I could still update people I don't talk to on an everyday basis and not feel like such an unutterable prick.

3 comments:

jemmo said...

I don't get to see you every day. Your blog is a perfect portrayal-on-a-pin-head of what goes on in your daily life, and I love it. It helps me feel connected. And, as a side note, I actually recognize the title quote.

I thought you'd like Golden. He just dropped that in the middle of a discussion.

Anonymous said...

i dont think that complaining about that random CapITalIzAtioN crap even counts. that bugs me so much, and there isnt even a reason for it!!

ok im done, but yeah, a blog is supposed to be about you, and maybe some ppl didnt hear everything, but when i think mine gets boring i just take some random insight i made during the day, or last week and make stuff up about it. like the pluto probe thing. good luck!

Captain Shar said...

Even if I see you every day, your style is fun enough to make me want to read your blog...besides, since I again have no homework today, I need something to do!