Thursday, November 29, 2007

"where the bullets get tired and fall, in the bright sky, bright sky"

I woke up this morning and thought to myself: "What's the point of all this again?" By which I mean, why am I waking up and going to chapel and class and all of that? Is there really a point?

So I didn't go.

I got up, actually took the time to make some breakfast, make a cappucino, put on some music, and do a lot of reading for my world views class. That way I wouldn't feel guilty for not doing anything all morning. It was actually good.

I didn't feel immediately better, but it payed off, I think.

And given also the fact that today was a beautiful day and I spent about four hours this afternoon in the studio with the window open and some music playing, I was able to get things done and still feel alright about life. Not as overwhelmed, not as burnt out, not as depressed. Almost like life is going to be alright, at some point, if I can hang in there long enough and not actually burn out but keep working.

And yesterday Greg got a job! It's a freelance sort of thing redesigning a homeschool math curriculum, and the project is expected to last about a year. He's already gotten started this morning, I think. How great is that? He was quite excited. That was the good part of yesterday. And our adventure grocery shopping at nearly midnight. And my roommate Katie's senior show proposal getting a great response in class.

Now? Now, dear readers, (I feel so 1800s when I call you "dear readers") I'm going in search of dinner before senior seminar class.

"But if I live I'll be coming back again
In the bright sky, bright sky."

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Whooo! Yay for self-care! I'm such a fan. A gold star (or falafel sandwich, which in Hebron's Old City is much easier to come by . . . and much yummier) for you!

Blessings and love!