Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"everyday she wears the same thing. i think she smokes pot. she's everything i want, she's everything i'm not."

THANKSGIVING IS ONLY EIGHT DAYS AWAY WOOHOO I AM SO EXCITED I CANNOT STAND IT WHEN IS BREAK GOING TO COME AND THEN CAN THE SEMESTER BE OVER WITHOUT ANY MORE HORRIBLE ASSIGNMENTS AT WHICH I FEEL LIKE I FAIL?

Hey, I think the coffee kicked in. That's good.

I have to say, there are a few things which are going very well. Work at the Office of Marketing and Public Relations swims forward like an unstoppable manatee-beast, king of the waters of all he surveys. My poetry project with Professor Perrin races forward apace of a great galloping gazelle. And, oddly enough, I am doing really well in and enjoying my lit class. Dr. Nisly keeps urging me to speak more in class, so I think I must not sound like an utter idiot. I always enjoy not-utter-idiocy.

I forgot to tell you that I posted over at the Jesus College blog last Friday, as per usual. I'm quite excited, because in the next issue of The Bridge, you will see my name! I will be published! By a press! In a magazine that real people read! Granted, I wrote very short pieces only. But still. I wrote short pieces in a magazine that's read by thousands of people. Wooh! Someday I will write longer pieces, too. It will be phenomenal. I will be a real writer when I grow up.

My roommates remain absolutely fabulous. And night-owls, but we still get along pretty good in spite of the fact that I pass out at midnight nearly every night, regular like clockwork. I am extremely happy that we decided to live together after Italy. I will be sad to see Katie graduate, and to not live with them any more (Elena will be around next year, but she will live with her contemporaries).

OK, loves. I will see you later. I will see some of you in eight days when it is Thanksgiving! DID I ALREADY SAY I AM MUCH EXCITED WOOH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This part brightened my day: "an unstoppable manatee-beast, king of the waters of all he surveys."

You have an amazing way of coming up with such phrases, teh Kenzie. Try that one in Nisly's class. ;) Or maybe not, but it's still awesome!