Wednesday, November 14, 2007

what? mackenzie, actually academic?

OH MAN I KNOW I SHOULD NOT START TWO POSTS IN A ROW IN ALL CAPS BUT YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE IT! I WON A LIBRARY RESEARCH GRANT!

In conjunction with my English honors project, I applied for a research grant to go to Vassar College and see Elizabeth Bishop's poem manuscripts and travel journals. I wanted to study her patience in poem-writing, her revision methods, and see how she translated her travel experiences into poems by comparing her journals and the completed poems. And they actually liked the proposal and chose me as one of the two recipients of the grant money.

I mean, it's like, wow. I actually did something academic in my life. Academic and mildly competitive. Who knew?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Felicitations, oh queen of manitee metaphors. :)

jemmo said...

Woo! Yay for Kenzie and her mad literary-competition skillz!!!1!!! :) Congratulations, love.

Liz said...

WOW! That-is-so-super-exciting-you-will-have-to-tell-me-all-about-it-good-job!

Also: I get to hang out with you on Saturday! Woohoo!

Captain Shar said...

Cool. Sweet. The bees' knees.