Thursday, December 13, 2007

"no blinding light or tunnels to gates of white. . . . "

Well, my friends.
I hope I haven't lost too many readers with my long hiatus. But it is hard to think of something to say when you hate life. So now that things are looking up (knock on wood) I'm back.

I walked out of my dorm this morning and did a double-take -- the trees looked like they were in bloom. Then I realized they were just covered with tiny icicles that looked like buds and they were catching the morning light so that they looked pink like blooms. That bit of eye-trickiness was a delightful start to my morning. Surprising. Odd. Beautiful.

Finals week is next week -- my last paper is due tomorrow -- things are slowly winding down. It's quite exciting. I'm so ready for break that I can barely stand it. I'm sure you know what I mean. I'm very sad that the semester is ending so much later than normal. Last year Christmas break started December 15. Now I won't get home until the 21st.

Wish me good luck? And good luck to anyone else still dealing with finals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's certainly a late semester. Congrats on being almost there! :)