Wednesday, August 15, 2007

that rock looks nothing like a bunny . . . neither does that one! what're the odds?

And now for something entirely different. Today my theme is wombats. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, wombats. Because wombats rock my socks off. Particularly



THE LOVE WOMBAT!!!!!

And now a poetic interlude:

The wombat lives across the seas,
Among the far Antipodes.
He may exist on nuts and berries,
Or then again, on missionaries;
His distant habitat precludes
Conclusive knowledge of his moods,
But I would not engage the wombat
In any form of mortal combat.
- Ogden Nash

Check out all the crazy wombat facts you can find!

Or, if scientific knowledge about wombats is not your style, check out a webcomic. = D

This is how I tell that Jesus College is gearing up to begin yet another academic year: a thousand mass mailings start hitting my inbox, a new one about every five minutes.

That is a gross exaggeration. But one which feels accurate. I'll have to start counting my e-mails again by "real people e-mail" and "mass e-mail." = )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so cute! My mom used to read Ogden Nash to me when I was younger, but I don't recognize that one. Micah liked it to.

Last year @ Jesus college! (But I still get their mass e-mails too, when I check my messiah mail)

-Ruth

jemmo said...

Diary of a Wombat, by Marjorie (or something like that) French. E-mail coming as soon as Gmail starts working again.

Faux LeRoy said...

TEH LOVE WOMBAT! LOL...=D