Tuesday, August 21, 2007

everybody needs to know it's the year of the rat. every day we've got to hold on, 'cause if we hold on we could find some new energy

Alternate title: "what if I kept on singing love songs just to break my own fall?"

Well. I'm here to announce that I am moderately well-adjusted after all. At least, I went to sleep alright last night all by myself and didn't cry or get freaked out or anything this time. Here's hoping that the rest of the week goes just as well. And by the rest of the week, I mean, "until Katie and Elena move in sometime near the beginning of September." Keep your fingers crossed for me, loves. I'm not so good at this, but I'm trying.

Can I just reiterate, one more time, that I loathe the female reproductive system whole-heartedly? With a passion rivaling the heat of forty suns. Maybe people who've actually made use of it and had sex/gotten pregnant (intentionally) like their reproductive systems, but honestly, the rest of us could do without them. The End.

And now, for something completely Ogden Nash:

Reflections on Ice-Breaking
Candy
Is dandy
But liquor
Is quicker.

Samson Agonistes
I test my bath before I sit,
And I'm always moved to wonderment
That what chills the finger not a bit
Is so frigid upon the fundament.


My Dream
This is my dream,
It is my own dream,
I dreamt it.
I dreamt that my hair was kempt.
Then I dreamt that my true love unkempt it

Good night my loves. Sleep well.

No comments: