Thursday, August 09, 2007

spin me 'round again and rub my eyes

Messiah College is paying me to blog. Does that make me a professional blogger? If so, I would laugh hysterically. And then totally roll with it.

I gotta say, though, blogging is intimidating when you've got Devin Thomas to follow. He wrote a kick-ass first blog post. Frankly, I'm realizing, I have no idea how to make myself interesting. Oops. I do, however, have some (for me) innovations regarding post format which I'm excited to implement (heh, that was totally marketing-speak).

Dan Custer (my fellow work-study in the Office of Marketing and Public Relations) and I brain-stormed today for a title and subtitle for his blog. In the end we came up with: "Choose your own adventure: the art of risk at Jesus College." Along the way, he provided yet another example of why my co-workers rock:
Dan: "What if we used a different word for adventure? We need to find some cinnamons for adventure."

Tonight it is absolutely pouring. Just southwest of us there are severe thunderstorm warnings, and a girl walking down the hall is talking very loudly about the possibility of tornadoes. If it cools off, I would be pleased. Something about the colors when it rains is compelling. Maybe it's just that they seem deeper against a nearly charcoal-grey sky, or maybe it is that they are literally saturated (hah, bad pun. I win).

Maybe I should go stand in the rain. It usually makes me feel better.

Or maybe I will start work on all those ideas that keep hitting me as the most inopportune moments at work. Yes? Yes.

1 comment:

Captain Shar said...

My favorite time to look at things is in a sunshower. Everything is wetter and darker and brighter all at the same time.