Monday, July 09, 2007

even-toed ungulates



Hey my loves.

Tonight I got to hang out with Matt. Pretty sweet deal. Even if apparently we don't care about the community covenant anymore.

But probably that surprises no one.

Today was just a pretty solidly good day. And you know what's even better? After my solidly good day I get to go to bed early and get a solid night's sleep. The irony of the matter is that I'm looking forward to the weeknights to catch up on sleep. Forget the weekends.

I walked down by the Yellow Breeches the other day, and guess what? They've totally roped off the swinging bridge with caution tape. What's up with that? And what's with closing the summer art show during the biggest conference of the summer? Wouldn't that logically be a great time for self-promotion?

I walked into work today to hear a Star Wars conversation going on. Hah! I thought to myself, This is a conversation I'm well equipped for! Apparently, I learned from Scott (the mid-forties graphic designer with very dark hair) there are Star Wars transformers toys. And not only that, but toys such as Darth-Vader-riding-a-motorcycle exist. Scott said: "Someday, when my son is a little older, I'm going to refuse to buy him toys like that on the grounds of immorality. I'm going to say, 'I'm sorry, son, that is immoral. The Flash on a motorcycle is lazy.'"

Anyway, no real news/narratives at the moment, because I'm awfully tired. I'ma hit the sack, pass out, and greatly enjoy it.

But first, one last quote:
"Talking to Daniel Finch is like drinking three cups of espresso!" - Susan Getty
And that is about the most perfect description of talking to Daniel Finch that I ever heard. Can't wait to work with him again for advanced studies. = )

No comments: