Monday, August 28, 2006

a dresser drawer

I am here at Messiah College! I am, unfortunately, not fully installed in my house. The reason? They didn't bring a sixth dresser, wardrobe, or desk to the house. And at one point there wasn't a sixth bed, either, although they remedied that before I arrived, thank goodness. So today I called Doug Woods and put a bug in his ear, and he said I should have furniture by the end of the week at the latest, and hopefully by the end of today. In the meantime (Did I spell that right? It looks wrong), the vast majority of my belongings are still just hanging out in my car.

Also, the house has no air conditioning. So it's really hot in there. And that's going to take some getting used to. It really is a super cute house, though, and I think once we have a couple of days, or maybe a week, to settle in, I'm going to like living there. I was kind of depressed last night because I spent three hours stuck in traffic (the 7 hour trip from my aunt & uncle's house to here took me 10 hours) and then didn't have furniture so I couldn't even unpack and when I got to the house there was no one there. But then we had bonding time + tea, and they assured me that I could get more furniture, and I slept and feel much better. Although you can tell I'm still nervous, because I'm talking in run-on sentences.

Lots of loves,
Mackenzie

2 comments:

Captain Shar said...

No AC? Welcome to the club. At least you have refreshing streams in which to cool your feet.

We miss you over here.

I'm glad you like your house.

jemmo said...

Sounds... um... fun? Just remember, when these things happen, it is important to keep in mind that
1. you are a college junior
2. you are therefore good at pretending everything's okay (I mean, you're good at dealing with stuff. As am I. Yes)
3. if you feel angry, throw things, not people
4. e-mail is a lovely invention and I will be sending you one (or lots) shortly.