Friday, August 04, 2006

silence carries no apprehension here

Oh, I should probably also mention that I'm going to be gone until the 13th of August. To Ohio and Michigan. Wo0t. So if you need to get ahold of me... maybe e-mail? or the cell number if you have it, and if not... well, I don't really use my cell phone anyway. I'm easing onto the slippery slope of cell phone use so that hopefully it doesn't transform me into a rude hooligan of some sort.

The chair we're re-upholstering is now just a foam form waiting for the "re" part. Unfortunately I hit a lazy streak. And also I was planning and making a meal.

Also, in funny news, I asked my father to buy me some alcohol. White wine, to be exact. It sounds hysterical when you say it like that (me? conform to the teenage steriotype of getting someone to acquire booze for my consumption?), but really the salmon recipe just called for some. So it's quite ordinary and I have done no drinking (fear not, family members and conservative friends!). Trying to open the bottle this afternoon was pretty hysterical though, since we don't actually have a corkscrew. Luckily we did find a swiss army knife, handily equipped to deal with corks.

So! It's off to the wild northern hinterlands for me!

No comments: