Thursday, August 24, 2006

i'm not lazy, i'm relaxed

I am the proud owner of a crockpot! A lovely, 5-quart crockpot. And a teapot. And three mugs (but I've had those for a while).

And I really did start packing. I made almost no progress, but I started, which I think deserves accolades... from some... national accolades-for-packing service.

Has anyone else enjoyed AskANinja.com? Not always hysterical, but hysterical at least 75% of the time.

You know what I discovered yesterday? I'm terrible at figuring out sportswear. I went to get some shorts for aerobics class (I know. It's horrible. I'm actually going to have to shave on a regular basis. I'm thinking of getting that laser hair-removal thing when I grow up. It would save hours and hours of my time every week.) and there were so many options, and so many bike shorts masquerading as actual shorts that it was a very aggravating task. Also, the wearing of the sports-empowering undergarments as garments in and of themselves? Not so much for me.

Sorry, I just realized how incredibly girly that last paragraph was. I should start posting a warning right before I start talking about clothes or shaving. Or PMS. Ooh, let's have a poll! Should the warning word be:

A: Couscous
B: Lemon
or
C: Petunia

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I vote for C., Petunia. That seems like the most "girly" word.

Captain Shar said...

Yeah, Petunia would probably be the easiest to remember. Lemon has too many other references.