Saturday, March 18, 2006

well, i guess that means i'm going back to school

Estimated arrival time 7:00 p.m. Which means we leave here at 5:00 a.m. Yeah. I know, it's crazy early.

So, peoples who are in bioethics class with me: did you hear about the drug trials in England that left six people in critical condition with multiple organ failure? They're all still alive, and two of them are now receiving less organ support, but two of them are in critical condition and still unconscious. They weren't even sick and could have received no benefit from the test even if it went well. Oh, but wait, they were paid $3,000 to participate in the trial. There's now talk that the antibody/protein the drug is supposed to stimulate occurs only in humans, so the fact that the animal trials were safe means squat. Can you imagine being responsible for such a fiasco?

OK, now that I've totally been grim for a whole paragraph (I could be grim about upcoming sophomore review, papers not done yet, and the bioethics paper which is almost 1/4 of our grade, or the bioethics debate which is coming up ridiculously soon, not to mention work, the upcoming photo crit, my oxford application, painting, and the fact that Persphone's broken... but really, who wants to hear about all that? =)

I totally lost my train of thought. Ummm.... Oh yeah. Now that I've been grim for a bit, here's a sample of the fun and games Avery and I have been having with stick figures over break. Bask in our infinite amazingness:


Yeah, fool. Take that. For those of you who can't read my handwriting, it says: "Look out! It's Happy Bob! He's crushing New York with his supersonic laugh!"

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Mwahahahahahahaha!

Destroy them, Happy Bob!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Captain Shar said...

No, I didn't hear about that...yikes. Hast started on thy paper yet? I downloaded some articles, but that's as far as I got. I'm looking forward to writing about AI though.