Wednesday, March 15, 2006

it's the ides of march!

Et tu Brute?

Ah yes, the day when every bibliophile remembers Julies Caesar. And those of us who took some form of latin savor the correct pronunciation of Caesar... kiesar. And then we proclaim that we shall go, and see, and conquer whatever remains in the rest of this month.

I think I've got my sophomore review pieces lined up, and now I just have to work on matting some of them, cleaning and repairing a few other pieces, and oh yeah, write those papers.... Grandma got me this totally cute skirt though, and I think I'm going to wear it to sophomore review. So, now that the vital issue of "what to wear" has been decided, it's going to be a complete breeze. Thanks for all your support. If you like what you've seen here today, give us a call, at reader-supported MZB (stands for MackenZie's Blog).....

Yes, I've been watching too much PBS. And also cartoons. People laugh at me, but I like cartoons. Not a ton of them all at once or anything, but I like them. They're predictable, and don't approximate real life in any way shape or form. And also they have lots of bright colors, and flattened forms which are modernist... I wonder what a postmodern cartoon would look like? Random, I know, but I'm curious. Would we see a return to chiaroscuro?

And since this has now degenerated into the fact that I simply don't know what to say, au revoir!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Cartoons are wonderful. Never let anyone look down to you just because you like them. Remember: they probably like Barbies or something.