Monday, February 20, 2006

"she... needs clothes."

- Professor Goode. About the Venus of Urbino (Titian's version). I think he was making some sophisticated point about the handmaidens in the background and the linear perspective present because it was inside (versus Giorgioni's Venus who was outdoors), but I thought it just plain sounded funny.

I took my first art history test today, and I think it went pretty good, considering that I only studied for three or four hours (I don't even remember how much. How long did our study party last, guys?), and the average in the class ended up being closer to eight. We'll see.

Also had a crit today for photography, which went OK. I didn't end up with any great pictures, but he was impressed with my use of filters, because I picked up on some hints and actually put them into use.

I also faced an emotional hurdle today. I wouldn't say major, but it was the first one of the semester, so I'm glad that it got faced and whatever. I didn't even cry. Maybe I won't have another one all week. Also I worked out with Meredith, which really helped my painting, because it's hard to tense up when your muscles are just plain tired. And layout today went good. I only had three hours of work instead of four like last week. I find it funny that I have three of my hardest classes so far, and also I'm working twice as much as in previous semesters. It is the kind of job I'm good at though, at least in being goal-oriented rather than time-oriented. I don't do as well with by-the-hour jobs. I don't know why. It's just the concept of it I guess. Efficiency matters with the one and doesn't really with the other. Working hard and efficiently at layout actually gains me more time for homework, which, when I say it that way, isn't as great. But in my head it sounds very good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

things always sound better in your head

i would totally live in my head if there was a house there.