Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Woot Woot!

Or maybe I should say, "Shuttle shuttle!" Because I've actually learned how to weave. The bad part is, I have four and a half days to weave two yards. She's given us half as long to actually weave as she gave us to dress the loom. Crap. But hey, I'll just live down there for the next couple days, and everything will be OK, right? And my friends said they'd bring me cookies.... I estimate I'll only have to spend eighteen hours down there in the next four and a half days. Only.

I'm going to dinner with Shannon on Thursday, so that should be cool. I haven't really had a chance to sit down and talk with her, since I only see her rushing in between classes.

Due to the large amounts of me being spammed, I turned word verification on. Basically what I think that means: when you go to comment, a slightly distorted word will appear, and you'll have to type it in correctly, which apparently computer can't or aren't supposed to be able to do.

---------------------------------------------

Picture this: a typical diner of uncertain age - slightly rundown, very out of fashion. The bright red leather booth cushions are fading, some of them tearing. The black-and-white checked linoleum floors are dirty, despite the vigourous cleaning Charlie, the proprietor, gives them every night. The windows are perpetually grimy from small hands, and the lighting is harshly flourescent. Everyone in town comes to this diner sooner or later. Some literally sleep there, and Charlie mops around their inert forms. The food isn't that great, but Charlie offers one specialty, highly prized throughout the state.

A customer approaches the counter with a meaningful look on his face, intending, no doubt, to order this specialty. He's an intelligent looking man wearing a business suit and an air screaming "Salesman!"

"Hey," he says jovially, with the overly-familiar air of all good salesmen. "One God-in-a-box to go, Charlie. Got a busy day today."

---------------------------------------------

"I'm not crazy about hell."
- Prof Baker

"Have you seen thr Little Mermaid? I think you got that from the Little Mermaid."
- One of my classmates, to Prof Baker, about a picture supposed to be depicting the rapture.

---------------------------------------------

An innocent young girl has started an e-mail account. She checks it regularly. One day, she sees a message from her best friend, with the subject saying, "Something Special Just for You (and Everyone You Know)." Inside, the e-mail says:

"Thinking about opening this e-mail? I wouldn't. It contains a deadly virus which will utterly obliterate your computer, while passing smallpox on to you and all your friends."

The young girl never used the internet again.

---------------------------------------------

Well then, I suppose I'll go to work and do my other homework, besides weaving. And maybe I'll even sleep tonight, who knows?

No comments: