Thursday, September 22, 2005

Weaving Trials

I think that would be a great title for a book. "The Weaving Trials." It would be sort of like witch trials, except that the defendants would be on trial for weaving subversive messages in their cloth.

Eh, I think it would be funny anyway.

So, I turned in my weaving project today. I'm optimistically hoping for a good grade, because at least in my arrogant opinion it was one of the best in the class. Better salvages than most, the right length, not too dippy or saggy in the middle, labeled (this morning, during chapel. I hate it when you wake up to the knowledge that you forgot to do something important to a project), woven properly as far as I can tell, and most important to my mind, the colors are good. I find myself pret-ty amazed at the color combinations people chose. I hate to say they're just plain ugly, because that makes me sound snobby and self-satisfied, but honestly.... I thought some of them were just plain ugly. And I feel like that's not just me either. Kelsey definitely visited me in the weaving studio and vetoed the large majority of them. Some of them were nice color combinations, just not things I'd have chosen, but some of them.... Yeah. Stopping there. I'm really a nice person, I swear....

So now, we have to design our second weaving project. Woot woot! I'm planning on weaving a lot more than she assigned us, just because she made it flexible and I want it to look darn good on our table. So my partner is weaving first, and hopefully I'll be able to cram in enough time at the end to finish the length I want it to be rather than the length assigned to us. But I figure it's only ten more hours' work, and when you're already putting in forty.... well, it seems worth it. Plus I guess I'm getting a little cocky since I'm so proud of my first weaving project. In the meantime, while my partner is weaving, I'll be studying basketry.... Don't laugh guys. It's not funny. Underwater basket weaving is demanding. = D

Off to have some fun and do a lotsa lotsa homework,
The Subtle Nut

No comments: