Friday, September 09, 2005

I Spoke Too Soon

I was, in fact, no where near done with my gray squares project. I mounted them wrong on my last sheet of bristol board. I then had to tear them off (as carefully as possible) and call Kelsey to bum a sheet of bristol board off of her so that I could finish my project. Oh, and I also had to write that paper revision that's due today. So now not only am I two hours behind the rest of the weaving class, I'm sleep deprived and unhappy with my craftsmanship skills. Why couldn't I have inherited some of those detailed craft skills along with perfectionism and brown hair?

On the up side, I knew that you can mix chromatic grays from complimentary colors, so that makes me happy. Brian Behm can be as scornful and know-it-all as he likes - he's not the only one in the class that can mix a chromatic gray. He is good though, and the whole first half of the class is likely to be review for him, so I can sort of forgive his attitude. He's a workaholic who doesn't appreciate review or delay.

Also on the upside, it's the weekend! Practically. So I have time, if I use it correctly, to catch up in weaving, my sketchbook assignments, and read ahead for theolody and philosophy, and take my take-home quiz, not to mention writing the paper that will inevitably be due on Monday for English 108, alternatively known as "Heteroglossia and the interpretation of tongues." Heteroglossia, the word that sends Andrew into complete fits. Hahaha. = D

My roommate's funny. I had written, on our white board, "Mackenzie = = (" last night, because I was unsmiley. This morning I wake up, and she'd replaced my = ( with a sleeping face. That made me chuckle.

No comments: