Thursday, September 15, 2005

I love that I have both a roommate and a loommate.

I guess I should update, since it's been a couple of days. But I'm really tired, so here's a quick synopsis only, rather than all that deep thinky sort of thing, which I'm actually not all that good at.

Went swimming in the breeches with Shannon today. Birthday camping trip planned, and annual swim-the-breeches event entered into Shannon's cell phone calendar. Assuming she keeps the same phone till next year on September 15, we're good to go.

Have officially woven twenty-four inches. Slightly over a third of where I need to be. But I feel like I'm making great progress, getting the hang of it, and weaving like a maniac. Or a demon. Or it could actually be that I get lost in contemplation of the beauty which is my weaving and actually forget to weave. Or not. At first I liked the colors I got OK - then I got excited about them, then I hated them. Now I love them. They're trippy. And by trippy, I mean they totally remind me of really early sixties-ish home decor colors. That's assuming I don't have the wrong decade in mind again. I keep confusing the sixties and seventies. But I'm pretty sure it's the sixties. I'll have to post a picture of it when I'm done so you can understand what I'm talking about.

I think progressively less as I write my glosses. This could be a bad thing, but I prefer to see it as a positive. It might be that I'm getting better at analyzing and writing incoherently about poetry. Or it could just be that I'm getting better at making things up.

I started the dragon lady story today. I'm excited to see where that goes. And to see what people think of my story at the next meeting, but I sort of think half the people won't have done it, and the people that have.... won't really have any suggestions. Or that half the people (most probably Sharon and Joel) will absolutely hate it, half will be depressed by it, or inspired to pity me or something (Lucy and Matt), and Liz will probably.... No, I find it hard to predict Liz. So there it is: my predictions for the next meeting, down in writing. Tease me mercilessly if I am wrong. Or place bets. Whichever you prefer.

No comments: