Monday, September 26, 2005

Free Time - I Don't Remember Life That Way

I talked on the phone to Mom today, and in the background my brothers were playing around, hiding behind futons, and in general not doing their schoolwork. No homework on the weekends for them. No crazy projects keeping them up until 2 a. m. or making them miss newspaper layout. Sigh. I'd wish to go back to highschool, except that I don't think I do. Yeah, it's a heck of a lot more work here, but... to go back to high school I'd have to forget everything I've learned here, which is considerable, and most of it knowledge that I'd like to keep and improve on.

Mom and I were talking about scholarships, and the pressure they put on students. And she said that even if I lost mine, they'd still send me here and I could just pay them back half the loans later. Still pressure, but less. That, plus a nap, made me feel more optimistic about the world in general. And skipping layout, while slightly unethical, gives me hope to catch up on work that's due this week.

Oh, and I talked to my weaving partner.... I'm weaving first again. Which I like but also don't like. I like to go first so I'm not dependent on my partner to get done on time, but at the same time, since I'm going first and weaving thirty more inches than the project requires, I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the studio. She was really nice about it though and said that if I needed an extra day or two she'd be OK with that and just catch up. This week apparently exploded in her face as well, and surprisingly enough, I have less of a workload than she does. I feel sorry for her....

Eh, enough with the gabbing. The more I finish tonight, the more sane I'll be tomorrow.

No comments: