Thursday, September 06, 2007

"therefore similitudes drawn from things farthest away from God form within us a truer estimate that god is above whatsoever we may say or think of hi

So wow. School started. It's been crazy. So much has happened that I am not sure what to say to you, or even what my blogging schedule will be like this semester. I will try to keep blogging, because I think that it has been such a beneficial thing to my writing life.

When you're stronger, they ask more of you. I think this is my conclusion. But maybe that is also just my personality - to always push myself until I hit the breaking point and have to back off. I couldn't have possibly handled eighteen credits before this, but hey presto, the moment I feel strong enough, there I am, taking the eighteen credits.

I feel this on many other levels, too, but that is the obvious one.

Being a senior is kind of like experiencing senility. Or maybe that is the study abroad experience. In any case, I feel that everything this year is new - I am like a clueless freshman all over again, I am in my second childhood.

Maybe I will resent chapel less if I think of it as participating in the liturgical life of the college. That seemed to work alright in convocation the other day.

Thoughts I reacted to in Thomas Aquinas:
"The one precise formality"
"God. . . knows both hiimself and his works."
"Dazzled by the clearest objects of nature; as the owl is dazzled by the light of the sun."
"the slenderest knowledge that may be obtained of the highest things is more desirable than the most certain knowledge of lesser things."
"the whole Christ. . . head and members."
"the ray of divine revelation is not extinguished by the sensible imagery wherewith it is veiled."

I don't really like Thomas Aquinas, but as my mother pointed out to me on the phone tonight, I am in the habit of getting things out of classes and making my own meaning where I refuse to adopt the meaning or value systems proposed by the people actually in charge of constructing the class.

Good night my loves. I could write you ten essays, but I am determined to get enough sleep tonight and run tomorrow morning. = )

No comments: