Monday, November 20, 2006

last night i learned another important lesson

namely, how to pick locks. This girl from Photo 1 (name unmentioned in case of Messiah administration) accidentally closed the cabinet with all my supplies in it, locking me out (and only Andy Bale has the key). I pretty much panicked, but she just grabbed some wire that was lying around and said, "I wonder if we can pick the lock?" So she stuck the wire in and jiggled it around and yanked on the handle for a couple minutes, and, lo and behold, the lock opened. There was much rejoicing and disbelief.

Then we went on to try and pick every other kind of lock in the place. And, to our complete and utter surprise, we can pick more than just crappy cabinet locks, although the deadbolt on the classroom next door proved to be beyond our fledgling skills. Need I say that we saved that piece of wire? If I ever again get locked out of the supply cabinets the night before a project is due, that wire is going to be my best friend.

Now, I'm sort of debating the wisdom of putting this information out on teh interwebs, but I'm also kind of sure that the Messiah administration doesn't read my blog. And it's just too funny a story to keep to myself. Because it was completely by accident that we learned how, and the girl that first picked the lock is so not the person you'd expect to be a delinquent.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, we are so gonna crack down on you, missy. This sort of useful information is totally against The Community Covenant.

Captain Shar said...

Sweet!

I think it would be an educational experience to us all if you were willing to give us a few pointers.

Liz said...

That is a sweet lesson.