Tuesday, November 21, 2006

ah, teh interwebs

I'm back at my house, where we have wireless internet. So I can connect to the internet with my computer. It's kind of exciting. And it's pretty warm here (50 when I got off the plane, after THE most stressful flights of my life), and Mom is going to make dippy sandwiches (otherwise known as beef au jou - or something spelled mildly like that) this week.

I'm pretty excited to be home. Except that, oh yeah, I need to be writing a research paper, re-writing that other paper I failed, completing bibliographic information for Dr. Powers, acquiring imagery for my digital studio project, beginning my composition theory and pedagogy paper (after completing my interview questions for the professors) and taking pinhole negatives. All in five days. Uh... right. Break. I totally know what that means. (On a side note, I'm totally with Lucy about being jealous of non-challenging academic semesters... except that I'm pretty sure Lucy has harder papers to write than me)

Is it sad that I'm excited just not to feel guilty for sleeping eight hours or more a night because it's break?

1 comment:

brenderlin said...

Where I used to wait tables, it was called a French Dip sandwhich, served with Au Jou sauce (which was really only beef boullion). I only remember this because I once spilled the Au Jou on an old lady, who was very nice about it, considering. And also because everytime I relayed the story, people thought I said that I "spilled a jew on an old lady".

Ah yes, what a memorable story...