Sunday, August 17, 2008

urg, urg, urg urg urg.

In the face of a lot of mold and mildew and grime, I'm forced to put the most important grown-up lesson I've ever learned into practice:

"Suck it up and do it. No one else will."

This applies particularly to cleaning and killing bugs. If it makes you unhappy, deal with it. Nobody else is around to do it for you.

I've never boiled so much water in my life, but I do feel better about eating off these plates once I've scrubbed and boiled the heck out of them. And also? I scrubbed and boiled our trash can (that made me imagine a huge pot with a trash can floating in it. But no, I just boiled lots of water and poured it over the trash can)! Possibly the most adult suck-it-up-and-do-it thing I've ever done. Well, except for helping Greg clean out his disgusting, moldy, broken, backed-up dishwasher that one time (even though it's not my house and I didn't break it).

Pride and Prejudice is keeping me company, though, both the ungodly long BBC version and the new one. It makes me feel better about all this upheaval. Slash, it makes noise while I work so that I don't feel quite as bored and by myself.

I only have one more box of kitchen things to clean out! Go me!

No comments: