Friday, October 26, 2007

"we float like two lovers in a painting by chagall"

Hey my loves,

Guess what! It's Friday, so that means another Jesus College blog post.

Also, I have a headache due to not enough sleep and too much late-night roommate fun designing halloween costumes -- I won't be able to make the art league party, but at least I get to design costumes and have fun with the preparation. I was even involved in deciding the big group theme for seniors this year, so I was very happy. It's so rare that I'm in the thick of things.

But last night, for once, I felt like I was in the right place at the right time. Maybe I needed more sleep. But I don't regret being up late. I have, apparently, an inability to be at peace with being where and when I am at any given time this year. But I'm trying to be better, and last night was a good occurrence. I do not normally feel so connected, so included, so accepted, so it was a VERY good occurrence.

I think I'm adjusting to being back in the U.S. and to college. At least, I am more happy on a regular basis than I have been since the end of summer. Maybe I'm hitting my stride and making peace with my choices of what to privilege and what to ignore? Or maybe I have just begun the hallucinatory phase of college life, where I believe that I am competent and capable and not as socially awkward as I've been led to believe.

'Kloveyoubuh-bye

P.S. Have you guys heard the Weepies? I feel like some of you might like them. . . I feel like Dad might actually like them. They are lyric and light music. Katie & Elena are obsessed, and while I never expected to like them, they are very much growing on me.

No comments: