Thursday, October 25, 2007

"the glove compartment is inaccurately named, and everybody knows it."

I will not post until I have a specific story to tell, I told myself. The other kind of general catching-up posts are heck of boring.

Well. I'm not sure I have a specific story to tell, but I will tell you something specific:

Sleeping is my favorite. I may not do as much of it for the rest of the semester.

Also, I think I could be a professor. I'm not sure I would be great at being relational with every single one of my students, but I think I could be an English professor. Dr. Dzaka asked me to present a paper for him in chapel this morning, and I wasn't even that scared, although I think I read too fast some of the time. So, not-fear. Good. I can do that in lectures someday. Also, I can write well and I feel like I could teach other people to write papers good (note intentional bad grammars in this sentence, as if to defy everything I'm saying). I could maybe get people to be enthusiastic about my subject.

So. . . not giving up on my professorial dream prematurely? Priceless.

Also, here's to hot chocolate and much caffeine to keep us awake on gray days. Hip hip hurray.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Hip hip hurray -- for hot chocolate and professional dreams. :D

Anonymous said...

Priceless indeed. Good job!

(I think you'd be a fun professor.)