Sunday, May 17, 2009

weren't we necessary to the earth?

Putting fingers to keyboard or pen to paper is never so hard as when I have just hammered out a (potentially good) idea. But at the same time I feel obligated to keep the flow of production coming as much as I can once I start something.

Maybe that's a fallacy.

In any case, I graduated yesterday -- well, I walked at Commencement. I suppose I would have regretted it had I not gone, but I'm mostly happiest about the time we spent with friends in the Grantham area on that day. We didn't get home until around 2, I think -- and go figure we've been exhausted ever since.

I've decided to make this one of my goals before I get into grad school -- to catch up on all the poetry books I've been given or earmarked for reading that I've pushed aside in favor of more "productive" or easier reading. And also to catch up on some of the writings of artists. I have a book of modern art theory which is basically what artists ranging from Cezanne to Andy Warhol said about the purpose of art. Never had time to read it in college, and I think it might be a good place to start my post-college learning process.

So if I find anything particularly awesome, I'll post it here. Well, as much as I can without infringing on copyright. =)

Ooh, also, we had the first tomato of the season last week! Greg found a homegrown tomato at the farmer's market and brought one home. I'm going to melt with happiness when we can find cucumbers and tomatoes galore at market.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Three cheers for your cap and gown!

And hooray for tomatoes as well.