Wednesday, May 13, 2009

and the soul is a bride in a still place

-- Sylvia Plath

Well, today has been an adventure. I found out a girl at work was fired yesterday. And I also found out that I will be picking up full time hours sometime soon to help make up for her absence. And someone else will be hired for the evening hours at work. I'll be glad to get rid of the evenings hours, I think, even though they haven't started yet, but I'm also a bit in shock about seeing the girl go. Surprised and not surprised if that makes sense. The power of inertia is so great, I guess I didn't think anyone would really let her go.

I also must report to you victory on the clearing-off-my-desk front -- it is lovely to be able to work there. I'm going to do my utmost to keep it cleared off decently. I think it makes me want to work more, to have a space for it. An attractive space.

Also, my best husband in the whole wide world is working to figure out how I can get a tiny printing press. Wouldn't that be wonderful? I would be super, crazy excited. It would be lovely.

No comments: