Friday, January 11, 2008

"still it would be marvelous to terrify a law clerk with a cut lily."

I found that part of a poem by Pablo Neruda and fell instantly in love. Not with the rest of the poem, but solely with that line. It would be marvelous, Pablo, it would.

Andrew has started posting on his blog again! Imagine! I'm in awe of his witty randomness. I chuckle madly at his writing, even if I'm accidentally at work. (Accidentally!)

Today I feel good at my job. That makes me pretty happy. I'm not, like, wildly proficient, but I'm doin' alright. I called someone out of the blue and interviewed them, which always takes just a leetle bit of courage.

You should check out Mipa Lee. She graduated from Messiah a while back, and I really like her work, really a lot a lot.

J-term rocks. That's my conclusion, and I'm only three days into it. I'm failing at getting up early to get my work done, but I'm getting a lot done while I'm conscious, and also having a lot of fun. I don't want to speak too early, but I'm managing to make being in the warehouse part of my routine (knock on wood). My class might also be more interesting than I thought. Once we get into discussion, the three hours passes much more quickly.

Last night it thundered, and I liked it lots. Katie opened the window and we talked desultorily and listened to the rain and thunder and then went to bed.

No comments: