Thursday, January 17, 2008

"i have woven a parachute out of everything broken"

The above quote comes from William Stafford, a poet, and is actually in reference to his own work. Thank you, Writer's Almanac, for bringing such lovely quotes to my attention. And such profound quotes. Who would not like to be able to say that they'd woven together the broken things and created something beautiful or something redemptive that might stop our fall?

I just looked out the window and realized that it's snowing. Snowing quite intensely, in fact. Winter has actually arrived?

These days, blogging makes me think: other people actually earn a living from this, or create beacons of creative amazing to broadcast to the world wide interwebs, express themselves beautifully, or seek some sort of self-actualized goal using their blog as accountability.

Maybe I should do more with my blog. But what? I can't post things that I'm writing, because that counts as publishing for all practical intents and purposes.

Nor can I post photography, because I don't currently have a digital camera.

So the answer is, I don't particularly have motivation to keep this blog going at the moment. I mean, it's a nice way to keep in touch with some of my friends and family, but does it really serve a purpose worth the effort?

Ideas? Anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mackenzie,
Your blog has made me laugh, cry, and think. There are entries that make me laugh at life, cry because something you said was really touching or sad, and oftentimes makes me think. I never thought about a word that grows in silence. I have never thought about a lot of things that you put on your blog. You also make it very personal by just writing about you as well - I can connect with what you're saying because you are being yourself on your blog. So.... keep it up, if you ask me.

Mom

p.s. I am NOT bias in this particular matter just because I'm your Mom!!

Lucy said...

I like it... I like knowing some of the stuff you're thinking about, and how you think it... maybe those are selfish reasons, but it's my two cents. It WOULD be wonderful to terrify a law clerk with a cut lily, and it makes me happier knowing that there is that thought in the world. Plus a lot of other thoughts. So... I second your mom. :)