Saturday, January 05, 2008

"above the rooftops the full moon dips its golden spoon"

Well -- I'm going back to school tomorrow! Hopefully for a few days of leisurely work and hanging out before I have to begin the grind of classes once again.

Our Christmas tree is standing completely unadorned along the outside wall of our living room. I've got to say, I kind of like the undecorated tree, too. But it's sad to know tomorrow it will probably be pulled down and dragged out to the burn pile in our back yard.

I am, actually, ready to get back to my work, even if I know I'll soon be wishing I didn't have to focus on it with the intensity college forces on us. I try to think of it as my job, though -- I earn about $20,000 a year, if you count earning and maintaining the scholarships as actual income. Still a crappy hours/income ratio.

But it's better than thinking of it as racking up debt every year by working my bum off.

I can't decide if I should wish for snow when I get back to Pennsylvania or hope that it's a ridiculously mild winter. Snow is gorgeous, and life doesn't seem so cold while it's snowing. But then I also get scared to drive around in really heavy snow in my unreliable car.

Oh well.

I hope it snows.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I hope it snows, too. Not too much, but just enough to be beautiful and lasting.