Tuesday, April 11, 2006

i don't think rubens would have painted a woman built like barbie

Yes, there's seriously an article about that on the art historical databases I've been searching. Definitely one of the most amusing. Along with Picasso's artistic tendency at the end of his life to 'flirt promiscuously with Ingres.' And the funniest phrase I found while researching? As a parenthetical phrase: "no eunuch - he is all there." I mean, the point was important to the paper, and it was put fairly gracefully, but honestly, I don't think you're supposed to be that funny in an academic paper.

The phrase that made me most indignant? "He makes High art seem hip." Of course, in this postmodern world, my conception of 'high' and 'low' art has probably radically blurred compared to this author, but it still made me indignant.

9:24 p.m. Tuesday night, and I have finished a very rough draft.

UPDATE: 10:30 and I have one paragraph of my final draft done.

*UPDATE*: 1:16 and I've printed off my final draft. And the printers worked!!! I swear, I feel so light I could fly. I got all my work for tomorrow done! Two yearbook spreads, two photo projects, and a research paper... I don't think I've ever had so much due in one day, and I hope it never happens again. I hope I can get to sleep with all this euphoria flowing through my veins (or wait, is that caffeine?). = )

2 comments:

Liz said...

You rock my face OFF.
Just a note.

Also, yay euphoria and lol to the funny academics.

Captain Shar said...

Yay Mackenzie! Enjoy Easter break...I know I'm going to.