Friday, October 03, 2008

isn't it annoying how a new browser will constantly ask to remember your passwords?

Other than that, I'm totally lovin' this mac. Oh, baby. Oh, also, I don't have the adobe suite for it yet, but I will shortly. My favorite feature is how it starts up and shuts down in seconds. None of this "I can't check my e-mail in the morning because I only have fifteen minutes and that's as long as it takes to start up."

My project for the weekend is transferring all my files from my old computer to my new computer, with the aid of two USB drives (yes, it's OK to laugh. But I don't know any other way.)

Our dinner tonight was weird but delicious, so I thought I'd pass it on:

Squash and lamb

Take some squash (ours was kind of like an acorn squash but not quite). Cut it in half. Put it in some water in a baking pan and cook it for about an hour on 350.

In the meantime, fry up about a pound of lamb (ignore the fact that you always intended it to be used for kefta -- grilled, middle eastern meatballs with a yogurt dipping sauce). Add 1/3 cup of chopped onion and 1 clove garlic, salt, pepper, and a sprinkling of ground cayenne pepper. And some parsley. We had parsley on hand.

When everything's done, put the lamb in the squash and eat it! Mmmm. . . savory and sweet at the same time. And with a kick because of the cayenne pepper.

It makes enough lamb for three of me, and squash for two of me (I made the qualification "me" instead of "a person" because I know Aaron eats like twice what I eat. So it really depends).

My new ambition in life -- have I told you this before? -- become a food writer! At least if I can't be a professor/in addition to being a professor. So yes. Write about delicious, delicious food. The problem? I'm always so vague if I'm not following a real recipe: "a bit of this" and "some of that" and "about this long" and "I didn't know how to do this, so I did this instead, and it sort of worked." Gotta work on that.

No comments: