Friday, October 17, 2008

in which i apologize for not posting in two weeks

But what can I say? Life is busy, and I know you don't want to hear me rant about homework every day.

Does anyone know where I could find out at what point a minority political party becomes, legally, a majority political party? I've heard once one of its candidates gets 5% of the national vote the party is considered a majority party. Which, as far as I can tell, means that it would take part in debates and possibly receive more funding, but not much other than that. It would be decidedly interesting to know for sure, but anything I read on the internet is a little bit suspect.

Also, the onion tart is really quite a success. Make sure to carmelize the onions before you put them in the tart -- I didn't do that quite enough. It was still delicious, but I think it could be even better. Also, it's really more of an onion quiche than an onion tart, per se.

Also, I think I'm learning more about cooking! Because the other day I made up a soup that tasted pretty darn good. It was:

1 bullion cube
1 potato
2 leeks
2 handfuls of green beans
2 bay leaves
sprinkle of thyme
some onion
1 clove of garlic
and enough water to cover all of that. Not a bad way to use up some leftovers. I mean, now I have leftover soup. . . but it's decidedly more appetizing than all those things were individually. And that's the point, right?

OK -- I've got to go to work for a couple of hours before I can call it officially the weekend. But I'm excited. Today's Friday and I'm not even exhausted (might have to do with the fact that instead of studying for my midterm today I slept for 10 hours).

No comments: