Wednesday, April 23, 2008

in which i say lots of bad words (in my head)

Oh. No. I've become one of those people I despise, who keep a blog but only update once a month!

In my defense, it's because I have a crapload of work that I don't like. That means most of my energy is taken up by work. The other portion of my energy is taken up by whining and acting melodramatic about how much I don't like doing this work.

My senior show piece almost fell down today. I need to think of a great way to thank Daniel Finch for keeping an eye on my piece every day and for calling me when something was wrong and for keeping it from falling down until I got there. And then fixing it while I just sort of lended a hand.

Oh man, talk about drama. Next time I do a sculpture, I will find a less maintenance-intense way of hanging it. Or else I will just make something that hangs on a wall. (I'm starting to say that without any real conviction. . . I might consider doing an installation again.)

Tomorrow I have a paper due, today a copy of my honors project is due to the English faculty so I have to quickly finish revising and then send it to Professor Perrin, Monday my portfolio and resume are due for senior show class, next Wednesday I give my poetry reading, then it's just my research paper, modern art history final exam, dis-assembling the show, and finishing my writing seminar paper. I think. I hope I didn't forget anything.

So. Whew. Keeping my show alive. . . . good times, good times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, a reality check for when I long for the "good old days" of college. But they really are good, if you ever have a moment to breathe and enjoy them. My love to the English dept and you and your installation. May it rest peacefully.

brenderlin said...

Hey, good thing it's still there, cause I need to see that thingie sometime...

jemmo said...

It was Shakespeare's birthday! Happy late Shakespeare's birthday (er, late in the sense that I was late wishing it. of course, he's pretty late, too)! May his spirit ... inspire you to... make up the words when you can't find the right one? Or kick people/work in the metaphorical nadgers.