Tuesday, September 09, 2008

ooh, ooh, i know! pick me!

I discovered what my new countdown should be about: my birthday is in ten days! Wooh! I will be 22, and now a "twenty-something," rather than a "twenty-one year old." I feel that the distinction is immense. But probably only for people who are 21.

Also, don't some mental diseases manifest themselves in your mid-twenties? I'm freaking out that I'll develop a disease before I finish college. Or worse, after college, after I've already put up with so many mental-breakdown-inducing circumstances yet never really gave way to them.

Ooh, also, I remembered I have candy in my desk. Yay!


The other day, Greg and I managed to cook our very own whole, free-range chicken. It had that little bag inside with the gibblets in it, you know the one I'm talking about? And it still had the neck attached, which is weird looking. But I don't know what to do with gibblets. Mom said maybe Turkey stuffing/dressing. Greg thinks we should feed it to his housemate's cat.

In any case, I'm proud of us, because it wasn't dry, and it wasn't undercooked, and we only each called our respective mothers like five times about it. And we even went to the extra trouble of boiling the bones and stuff and making chicken broth. So basically we are pretty awesome in the kitchen.

And then I found out that there's another whole chicken waiting for us in his mom's freezer back home. Haha. Oh, and we ordered two more for November. So apparently we are just all about the meat and the roasting, etc.

I do feel really good, though, about eating meat that's free-range. . . and about making our own chicken broth, so we can have free-range stews!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the age thing really does make a difference once you hit 22. But turning 23 (which I've got 4 days 'till) also feels like a big step. Not as big a step as 22, but something. I expect it'll feel this way until maybe 26.